Monday, January 18, 2010

Golden Globes 2010



(Click image to enlarge)

For me, award ceremonies are less about the award winners and more about the red carpet fashion. I love looking at the designer gowns, jewellery and accessories, seeing who wore what, who looked hot and who looked like a hot mess.

With the 2010 Golden Globes being one of the first major award shows this year, there was plenty of red carpet fashion eye-candy.

Many celebrities played it safe with simple column dresses, however some stars did opt for bright colours including Sandra Bullock in vivid purple, Diane Kruger in hot pink and Cameron Diaz in striking red.Nuetrals and muted tones were the theme of the night, I have obviously got spring on the brain as all my favourite dresses were nude colours and/or ruffled. Here are my favourite, starting clockwise from top left:

Dianna Agron: The Glee beauty looked striking in this silver Badgley Mischka dress. The metallic tone beautifully compliments her fair skin and blonde hair. I often find this type of strapless dress boring, but the flowing material and detailing around the bust add to the overall look. This is simple well done.

Toni Collette: I just had to include Toni Collette because I love, love, love her! She is such a talented actress and looks absolutely fabulous here. The sequin detailing on this Elie Saab number transforms the dress from simple to eye-catching, she looks luminous.

Christina Hendricks: Wow! This peach coloured Christian Siriano dress looks simply divine on her. The colour compliments her fair skin and red hair, and the dress hugs her amazing curves. She looks like a real life, more refined Jessica Rabbit!

Drew Barrymore: I am such a Drew fan and I love the Atelier Versace gown she wore. The champagne colour looks gorgeous on her and the detail on the hip and shoulder liven up an otherwise simple dress. I definitely prefer her blonde.

Chloe Sevigny: I think you either love or hate this Valentino gown. In my case I love it, with the cascading ruffles adding a romantic, whimsical feel. The lavender colour is lovely, perfect for Spring.

Kate Hudson: In my opinion the best dressed of the night. I really love this structured Marchesa number which looks both elegant and modern. The brilliant white colour makes this dress utterly unmissable.

Emily Blunt: Simple but beautiful, pink tulle is such a winner with me (I love the whole ballerina look!) and this Dolce & Gabbana number in no exception. The pretty ruffles on this dress give a young feel whilst the shape shows off her toned figure.

[Via http://thebalm.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment